Pop Warner is the only youth national sports program in the US where the athletes need to perform well in the classroom as well as on the field. This helps develop in the kids a sense of responsibility and appreciation for school.
Since 1929, the Pop Warner philosophy has been that athletics and scholastics go hand in hand. Pop Warner programs seek to develop well-rounded young men and women who learn not only the fundamentals of football, cheerleading, and dance but also the importance of education in an atmosphere conducive to developing sound character while having a good time.
Proof of satisfactory progress in school is required. A 2.0/70% or the equivalent shall be the minimum grade point average acceptable to participate.
Each year, the most academically accomplished Pop Warner kids compete for Academic All-American status. The students have three opportunities to be recognized:
- Conference level—Mid Florida
- GPA 98.5% or higher and community involvement
- 35 boy; 35 girls from each grade level
- February banquet in Orlando
- Regional level—Southeast
- GPA 98% or higher and community involvement
- 40 boy; 40 girls from each grade level
- March/April banquet at Disney
- National level
- GPA 96% or higher and community involvement
- Memorial weekend. 2018 at Disney
- National All-American Banquet info
- Only students who are currently in grade 5 or higher are eligible.
- Only current 8th grade students are eligible to receive college scholarship money.
- Percentages are calculated using the Pop Warner calculation spreadsheet
- Student must be present at MidFl and SE Region banquet to win scholarship money for college. Attendance is not required for the National banquet
All-American Application due date to Team Mom: Thursday, September 28, 2017
*If you child is eligible, you will be emailed the application by the Scholastic Director about 10 days prior